The Vein Center of Jefferson Radiology - A leading vein center of Greater Hartford, CT
Over 70 million adults suffer from varicose veins and other vein problems. The symptoms and signs include:
- Legs that ache, burn, itch, feel heavy and throb
- Unsightly dark red, purple or blue veins near the surface of the skin
- Visible leg veins with a knotty, ropy or bulging appearance
- "Restless leg syndrome" that causes legs to twitch at night, interfering with sleep
Vein problems are common - but they are also treatable. At the Vein Center of Jefferson Radiology, a leading Greater Hartford vein center, we can help you get rid of veins. Whether you are bothered by varicose veins, spider veins or other associated vein problems, treatment is readily available.
You have reached our vein center website. If you are seeking radiology services like MRI, CT or ultrasound please visit our usual, *radiology website*
Why Choose The Vein Center of Jefferson Radiology of Greater Hartford, CT?
Our vein clinic has years of experience in vein treatment. At the Vein Center of Jefferson Radiology a team of dedicated professionals will care for you. The advantages we pass along to our patients include the following:
Expertise and Experience
- We have a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals who are dedicated to your care.
- Our vein specialists are physicians who are fellowship trained and board certified vascular radiologists.
- Presence of a bilingual (English and Spanish) Physician.
- Experience in a range of state-of-the-art approaches to vein treatment, including color duplex ultrasound, endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy and ambulatory phlebectomy.
- The Vein Center is backed by the largest radiology group in Connecticut and is affiliated with Hartford Hospital as well as other regional hospitals.
Quality and Safety
- We are accredited by the Joint Commission for our commitment to quality care and patient safety.
- Our vascular lab has the distinction of being accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
- A physician is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to address your concerns.
Why do I have varicose veins?
Vein disease results from a number of causes. The function of veins is to conduct blood from the limbs to the heart. Valves move the blood smoothly along. But factors such as weight gain, physical stress, pregnancy and heredity can cause these valves to weaken or fail, at which blood no longer courses steadily through the veins and instead pools or even reverses, which is what causes the discoloration, knots and bulges typical of varicose veins.
What about spider veins?
Spider veins are the tiny cobweb- or roadmap-like veins sometimes visible close to the skin and typically seen on the legs. Unlike varicose veins, they seldom cause discomfort or other physical symptoms. Although considered cosmetically unsightly, spider veins may be symptomatic or more importantly, indicate the presence of deeper abnormal veins.
Do I need vein treatment for my varicose veins or spider veins?
The majority of patients seek treatment for vein problems either because of physical discomfort or self-consciousness about the unsightly appearance of veins. In any case, it is wise to seek medical advice regarding vein problems since these problems can be indicative of more significant circulatory ailments.
If you are a patient in Central CT and around the greater Hartford area (including New Britain, Springfield, Glastonbury, Middletown, Bloomfield, Canton, Weathersfield, West Hartford, Manchester, or Simsbury) and believe you suffer from varicose veins or spider veins, contact us today for an appointment. Most of these problems are treatable, and we can put you on the road to recovery!